Our endowments honor the legacies of our former leaders and support ongoing clinical innovation and improvements in health care delivery.
ACT Center Endowments
The ACT Center is proud to be the stewards of 4 endowments:
- Ed Wagner Endowment for Health Care Transformation, which supports the development and dissemination of innovative, effective, and affordable health care, especially for under-resourced populations, as well as collaborative work with safety net providers.
- Donald G. Miller, MD Endowed Fund for Clinical Innovation, which supports clinical innovation among physicians and assists in the implementation of improvements.
- Jerome F. Beekman Memorial Endowment Fund, which supports clinical innovation and the medical education necessary to manage a clinical improvement project.
- Robin E. Johnson Endowed Fellowship, which supports improvements in the delivery of health care for Kaiser Permanente Washington members and residents of Washington state.
The Wagner Endowment’s recent funded projects include:
- The Transformer Innovation Network, which supports convening high-performing federally qualified health centers to discuss and support one another in addressing pandemic challenges, telehealth changes, racial and social justice, and other pressing topics.
- The Oregon Primary Care Association’s Alternative Payment and Advanced Care Model Learning Exchange, which hosted primary care associations from around the country for a one-day event focused on the next frontiers in care transformation and the alternative payment arrangements that support this evolution.
- Symposia on “Taking Practice Transformation to Scale” and “25 Years of Innovation in Chronic Illness Care.”
The Miller Endowment recently finalized a multi-year commitment to the Kaiser Permanente Washington Family Medicine Residency Program to provide funding for medical students to lead projects focused on quality improvement and care delivery innovation.